Friday, April 24, 2009

1st Post-Op Visit Since Surgery... (written on 7/29/08)

I went for my first post-op visit since surgery this afternoon. Dr. McKinlay was pleased with my progress so far, and said I'm doing better (recovery-wise) than the average person. I was actually a little discouraged because my weight has been exactly the same for the last 3 days in a row, and even went up 3 pounds by the time I weighed in at the doctor's office later in the day. I guess I need to cut myself some slack, though.

On a happier note, my foods are all still going down well, and nothing new has disagreed with my little pouch yet. My favorite 2 meals lately have been stewed chicken with homemade gravy and baby carrots (Sunday dinner), and the insides of some chicken enchiladas that I made for my husband last night for dinner (shredded chicken with mild green chile enchilada sauce and shredded colby jack cheese, with some diced tomatoes on top).... YUM!!! I bought some little 4 oz. containers and lids over the weekend, and was able to make 8 more meals from the leftovers of each (filling them about half-way). I froze half of the containers for when I go back to work next week, and left half in the fridge for meals this week. I'm getting geared up to go back to work next Monday, and will genuinely miss my naps every day... Sigh... It will be great, though. I'm excited to get back into the real world again, and I hope I will have enough energy to make it through that first week back. I did have to buy some new shoes for work over the weekend, because the two pairs I was wearing before surgery are FALLING OFF and way too big. What a bummer... shoe shopping... J/K - It was great!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment