Saturday, April 25, 2009

Back from Arizona & Down 95 lbs!!! (written on 11/18/08)

Well, my trip to AZ has come and gone, and I had a great time visiting with family and seeing my brand new niece after she was born on Saturday, Nov. 15th. Jeff & Stacy can't seem to make anything other than gorgeous babies, and Addie was no exception. I helped take care of the other kids while Mom, Dad & Grandma's were at the hospital, and did a lot of the cooking. It was so nice to take a break from work and spend some time with the people I love and don't get to see much anymore.


I did really well with my eating while I was out of town, and to my surprise when I weighed in this morning, I have lost another 5 pounds!!! I am so close to the 100 lb. mark, and have so much renewed appreciation for how good my body feels. I did NOT have to ask for a seatbelt extender on either of my flights, which was a great victory, and I now weigh less than I did when I met my husband almost 14 years ago. Clothes are much easier to find, and I don't have to worry anymore about fitting into a booth at a restaurant or a regular bathroom stall (rather than the handicapped one). I don't feel like people are staring at me anymore because of the enormous amount of space I used to occupy, and I don't feel disgusted with myself when I look in the mirror. I am now feeling proud of my accomplishments and can finally see hope for a healthy future that I can comfortably pass on to any children I may be blessed enough to have in the next few years.


Almost half-way to goal...

Pictures from Arizona - Baby Addie

No comments:

Post a Comment