Saturday, April 25, 2009

3-1/2 Months Out and a Few Thoughts on Life... (written on 10/28/08)

I am now down 86 pounds, and can't quite believe how fast this has all happened. While I still want to lose another 100+ lbs., I feel such a change in my body, my energy level, my ability and desire to get out and live life, and my confidence level. I have lost a large amount of weight once before, but not with the knowledge that it could actually be a permanent change with a level of success that can physically and mentally be maintained long-term. I have always doubted my ability to succeed in this area, but with the restrictions of RNY, it IS possible to get full on a very small amount of food and actually have the ability to stop and be satisfied with that amount. I suppose there are ways to sabotage this over the long term, but why would anyone want to? It would really take a lot of work (at least from my current perspective), and I am thankful every day, especially when I have moments of weakness, that my body really lets me know what is healthy and what is not. It takes all of the guess work out of it, and keeps you honest with yourself.

I hope years from now, I still have the same feelings of fullness and satiety that I enjoy right now. I need this tool to work for a lifetime, so I can continue to enjoy knowing what being healthy feels like. I want to be a good example to my future children, so that they never have to experience the pain of being obese. I hope one day, my husband will follow my example of healthier eating, and that I can show my family by example what that means. The real challenge will be getting rid of a lifetime of unhealthy thoughts and habits, but I'm confident that I will succeed...


No comments:

Post a Comment