Friday, April 24, 2009

The Final Countdown Has Begun... (written on 7/13/08)

By this time tomorrow, I'll be recovering from surgery. It almost seems surreal, since I've been working toward this day for 2 years now. I can't believe it's finally here! I had a few moments today where I felt my heart start to race and my nerves start to kick in, but I'm OK - no cold feet. My bag is packed for the hospital, and all that's left to do is wait for the magnesium citrate to finish working it's "magic" (that stuff is soooooo nasty!).

I went to visit with some of my family this afternoon and had a blessing, which definitely helped calm my nerves. I've talked to my brothers and Mom on the phone, taken care of the dogs, and cleaned up a little around the house. I'm just hanging out now and watching last week's episodes of "So You Think You Can Dance" while I wait out the magnesium citrate. Once everything's over with and I'm home recovering, I'll post some new pix from the hospital and give everyone an update.

Wish me luck!!!

Here are some photos of the me the night before surgery:

No comments:

Post a Comment