Friday, April 24, 2009

I Survived My 1st Week Back to Work... (written on 8/10/08)

Well, my first full week back to work was something else... My boss had saved a giant project just for ME, and I worked 10-12 hour days all week long! THANK GOODNESS I was up for the challenge and feeling good, because it could have easily been a disaster. (I sure hope this coming week is a little less stressful, cuz that was a heck of a week to return to!) I didn't realize just how tired I was, until I slept most of the day on Saturday, sitting in my recliner!

As for the weight loss, it was kind of a slow week watching the scale, but then again, I hadn't quite had enough fiber either, so things were just not "moving" like normal. I just kind of chalked it up to that, because I was so stressed about work stuff, and didn't pay as much attention to all of those minor (major) details. I finally saw a small drop on Saturday... I also had some fun last week going through old clothes I had boxed up quite a while ago, and found lots of things I had long since forgotten, but are still really cute and now fit. I also ordered a handful of new skirts and pants off of eBay at pretty low prices, so I won't feel too guilty when they get too big and I can't use them anymore. I have plenty of tops to last me until I'm a size 14, but I needed some things for work for my bottom half, since I don't buy many of those items. I am completely amazed at the sheer volume of clothes I have - it's actually pretty ridiculous, to be perfectly honest. What I will love most is saying goodbye to the bigger sizes forever, once they're too big. No more hanging onto the big stuff "just in case" I ever need them again, because this time, it won't be happening.

No comments:

Post a Comment