Friday, April 24, 2009

My First Week on 1,000 Calories (Pre-Surgery Diet) (written on 6/28/09)

I had intended to start my diet 1 week early, but I didn't quite have it together (and certain cravings out of my system) on Monday, June 23rd, so I started on Tuesday (still earlier than my doctor had asked). Today is Saturday, and I've been on track for 4 full days. So far I'm down 11 pounds!!! I feel like I have such a head-start mentally and physically, even though it's only a small drop in a REALLY LARGE bucket, but I'm focused now and feeling great. I've been using an online tool called my-calorie-counter.com to keep track of all my nutritional information throughout the day, and it has been so helpful - there is no guess work anymore! I am not very good at writing down everything on paper, so this makes it more interesting, and I actually want to go there several times a day to check my progress. I highly recommend trying it out!


This is what a typical day is looking like on roughly 1,000 calories:

  • Breakfast: Atkins Shake - Chocolate Royale
  • Snack: Low Carb Yogurt or Low Fat Cottage Cheese
  • Lunch: Another Atkins Shake
  • Snack: Atkins Advantage Bar, S/F Jello, Beef Jerkey, or Low Fat String Cheese (only one of these)
  • Dinner: Lean Cuisine or South Beach Diet Frozen Dinner (if I don't feel like one of these, I've done taco salad with ground beef or turkey, 2 oz. cheese, tomato and lettuce)
  • Snack: 10 calorie Italian Ice popsicle
  • I'm also getting in about 70 oz. of water. When plain water gets boring, I add either an On-the-Go Sugar Free KoolAid or Crystal Light

Overall - Doing good and feeling great so far!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment