Monday, April 27, 2009

Happy 36th Birthday to Me... (written on 02/08/09)

Today was such a nice day. I taught the children in Primary (the 5 year olds), and then spent a wonderful afternoon/evening with my extended family having dinner and just being together. There is nothing more important to me than my family, and I wouldn’t have wanted to spend the day any other way.

I took a few moments to just sit and reflect upon the things that have been on my mind, and the changes this coming year will bring...
  • I’ve noticed that the further out I get since surgery, the more my appetite and capacity to eat have increased. They will never again be the same as they were before surgery, but now is the time for me to really start paying close attention to the difference between “needs” and “wants” and listening to my body, since I have more choices available to me than I did previously.
  • Good health and really feeling “well” are worth any price. Sometimes you don’t really understand this until it’s taken away from you. Don’t ever freely give up this incredible gift.
  • People are looking to me as an example – I must not let them, or especially myself, down. I have been given a second chance to really live life, and I don’t want to waste any part of it.
  • My goal is DEFINITELY within reach. I will work hard this year to achieve what I know I’m capable of.
  • My future family depends upon my success. Erwin and I have had to delay having children for over 13 years because of my many health issues over the years. Soon, I will be given the OK to change this family dynamic, and I am anxiously awaiting the opportunity.

Life is full of exciting adventures, and I don’t ever want to waste a single day or opportunity to make the most of them…

No comments:

Post a Comment