Saturday, April 25, 2009

Yahooooooo.... Down 80 lbs! (written on (10/18/08)

I had a couple of really slow weeks, then all of a sudden, my body decided to kick back into gear, and I've lost 5 lbs. over the last 2 days. I love that! I've been wanting to post some new pictures, but my computer with PhotoShop decided to take a nose dive, and the hard drive crashed the other day. As soon as it's up and working again, I'll post some new photos. I feel like I can see a huge change since my pictures a month ago were posted, but I'll have to wait and see once I can put them side by side...

Things at work are starting to flow a little better with my new job. My replacement for my previous position started on Thursday, and she's a quick study, so I'm already feeling some of the burden of trying to manage both jobs at the same time being lifted. What a relief!

You know how you hear about food addictions transferring into another area, once a person has gastric bypass surgery? Well, I know my tendencies from previous attempts at weight loss, and one I knew would be a weakness is rearing its ugly head again. Even though I know this about myself, I still struggle... What is my issue, you ask??? SHOPPING!!! I have this overwhelming urge to spend money on clothes and jewelry, which are both really ridiculous. (The clothes, because I'm changing sizes so quickly, and I have a HUGE wardrobe of things I've saved from the last time I lost weight... The jewelry part because I can make my own, and it really is quite nice. (I'm wearing my own creations in most of my pictures.) Despite all of this, I can't help looking at new things. One of my goals is to really work on this and replace shopping with more exercise. Since I have a brand new treadmill now, there is no reason not to make the attempt. I'll report back on how that goes... If I still continue to struggle, I may find a new therapist to help me work through it. I've done that previously, and I think it's a very healthy thing to do for yourself. It doesn't make you a bad person - just one who recognizes there are personal areas that can use some refining. That's the beauty of life... We are all a work in progress!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment