Friday, April 24, 2009

My Second Week on 1,000 Calories (written on 7/3/08)

I am feeling so good today - I can't believe it! I think my body has finally figured out that I'm making a change for the better. I really wasn't feeling that great over the past several days, until I started getting enough fiber in - things weren't "moving" like they used to, and I was feeling really bloated. Today is a very different story, thank goodness.

It is now day 10 of my pre-surgery diet, and I am officially down 15 pounds. I couldn't believe the energy I had at work today - it's been such a long time since I've really felt good. I work for a rather large company - my facility has a North and a South building with 4 floors on each. In my position, I do a lot of walking between several of the floors in both buildings. I'm still taking the elevators, rather than the stairs, but I'll work my way up to it eventually. Anyway, I noticed that I wasn't out of breath as I zipped around, and it was a great feeling. It also takes a few minutes to walk from the parking lot to the building when I come and go, and I noticed the same thing as I entered and left the building today. I just feel lighter on my feet than I did last week, and I'm loving the fact that I feel completely in control, and my body feels like it's cleaner on the inside (I don't know how else to describe it). I've noticed that my feet and ankles haven't been swollen for the last week - they usually plump up by the end of each workday, but not now!

I'm actually excited to go to my pre-op appointment next Friday and prove that I've adhered to my diet, knowing that I've done everything I could to have a safe, uneventful surgery. My online calorie counter has been such a wonderful tool throughout this process so far. I will definitely continue to keep it up to date every day - especially after surgery. I enjoy being able to look back and see every bit of nutritional information that I eat each day, so I can make adjustments and improvements as needed. I feel very accountable to myself, and very motivated to continue on in the right direction.

The countdown is on until my big day... only 11 more days to go!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment