Friday, April 24, 2009

I Reached My First Goal!!! (written on 7/24/08)

I now officially have a BMI of less than 50 - that was my first goal!!! I've graduated from "Super Obese" to a mere "Morbidly Obese". Don't you just LOVE these terms someone came up with? LOL Anyway... I couldn't be happier today. My only regret is that I didn't take my measurements before starting on this journey. I can make an educated guess based on how my clothes are fitting now, but I guess I'll never know for sure... My goal for this week is to start keeping track of that. I'm still doing incredibly well with my foods. I'm now eating refried beans and cheese, canned tuna or chicken with a little light mayo, scrambled eggs with cheese, bean with bacon soup, etc., plus a tablespoon of very soft cooked veggies with my meals. I had steamed zucchini with a tiny bit of margarine, salt and pepper last night with my bean with bacon soup, and it tasted INCREDIBLE!!! I still have no regrets about my decision to have this surgery, and can't wait to continue reaching the many goals I have set for myself. More to come soon...

Here's a new picture:

No comments:

Post a Comment