Friday, April 24, 2009

5 Days and Counting!!! (written on 7/9/08)

Today I started training my temp replacement at work who will fill in for me while I'm on Medical Leave for my surgery. I will spend one more day with her tomorrow, then she's on her own... I've worked 9am to past 8pm 2 nights in a row, and I'm almost to a point where I feel comfortable with how I'm leaving things for 3 weeks.

Friday, I go for my Pre-Surgery Orientation / Final Education Class / Labs at St. Mark's Hospital in Salt Lake City. I've heard nothing but wonderful things about this hospital, so I'm hoping it's as pleaseant as something like this can be!

I am down 17 pounds after 2 weeks on my 1,000 Calorie Pre-Surgery Diet with 5 more days to go, which is pretty good - more than a pound a day average... I'm hoping Dr. McKinlay feels this was a good effort on my part.

My Mom asked me the other day to cancel my surgery and just keep on this same diet, since I'm doing so well. We all know the answer to that one :) I am so ready for this, and I'm just trying to focus for these last several days on getting a few more pounds off. If I can lose a total of 20 before surgery, I will be happy with that. I took a few more pictures today to see if I could tell a difference from 2 weeks ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment