Monday, April 27, 2009

Easter With My Family

This "lamby cake" is a family tradition.
I inherited this cake mold after my grandmother passed away 3 years ago, and tried to carry on the family tradition. Unfortunately, it later became the "sacrificial lamb", as you'll see in the next picture, when we went to cut it! It isn't so much that it's fun to eat, but it brings back wonderful memories of my "Memaw" just to have it there. It's a great feeling to be in control of a situation where food could easily be a huge problem, but be able to exercise moderation. This is one of the greatest lessons I've learned on my journey so far. Our social gatherings still revolve around food, as do many other families, but it's nice to be able to enjoy the company and conversations more than I ever used to.

No comments:

Post a Comment